Friday, February 16, 2018
Friday, February 16, 2018
Bahamas-based Cloud Carib, a provider of managed cloud and ICT services to businesses and governments in the Caribbean region and Latin America, has reported its most successful year to date in December.
The company, which launched in 2011 and is based in Nassau, attracted a record number of new clients in 2017. Cloud Carib offers cloud technology expertise and helps organizations understand the risks and regulations necessary to leverage the cloud and accelerate digital transformation.
“The Caribbean and Latin America markets are ripe for digital transformation and technology innovation,” says Scott MacKenzie, CEO at Cloud Carib.
“Most companies and government agencies are struggling to maintain the technology status quo, while at the same time they are realizing that standing still from a technology perspective is not an option.”
“We are on a mission to help organizations securely move their data and applications to the region’s premier cloud, which will result in superior technology performance, availability and cost savings.”
Some Cloud Carib milestones from 2017 include:
- Doubled revenue year-over-year
- Added over 40 new regional ICT jobs, with plans to add an additional 60 in 2018
- Added a record number of new clients, including leading financial services organizations and governments in the region
- Introduced Carib365, which allows Cloud Carib to keep client data in the Caribbean region – outside the US and Europe – thereby ensuring data privacy
- Announced service extensions into Panama, Barbados and Jamaica, and additional regional sites planned for Trinidad and Tobago, the Cayman Islands, and other Central and Latin American countries
- Opened the only 24×7 Command and Control Centre (C3) dedicated to managed cloud services within the Caribbean and Latin America, offering round-the-clock cloud support and service monitoring
- Achieved Gold Partner status with Palo Alto Networks, a leading next-generation security company
- Received the Cisco Collaboration Partner of the Year for Architectural Excellence in the Americas and CANSAC regions
- Became the first Red Hat Certified Cloud Solutions Provider (CCSP) in the Caribbean and Latin American regions
“We’ve experienced significant growth over the last year as we continue to educate the market on the benefits of cloud infrastructure and technology services,” says MacKenzie.
“We expect this growth to continue as we look to expand into Central and Latin America and other areas throughout the Caribbean over the next year.”