Friday, January 8, 2016
Friday, January 8, 2016
The Caribbean Hotel and Tourism Association (CHTA) is introducing a schedule of educational sessions at Caribbean Travel Marketplace taking place January 21-23, 2016 at Atlantis Paradise Island in The Bahamas.
The professional development element of the event is for attendees who want to adopt tools to develop revenue-generating opportunities, maximize strategies working with the latest market trends and improve reputation management.
The expanded educational component of Caribbean Travel Marketplace will be offered January 21 during the day followed by the opening ceremonies in the evening.
- Website Reality Check – This session will explore issues that hoteliers must be able to answer, including: is your website current and mobile friendly? How long has it been since you updated your hotel’s website? Are you utilizing a responsive design? Are you effectively communicating messages across all platforms? Learn the tweaks and upgrades needed to make hotels thrive on the Internet.
- Cutting Through the Channel Clutter – Is your hotel optimizing channel management to maximize revenue? Where do you rank with Extranets, GDS, direct bookings, Expedia, Booking.com? Learn how to cut through the clutter and effectively handle content management.
- Weddings and Honeymoons: How Can You Maximize Revenue from Romance? – The Caribbean is the romance capital of the world. Are you capturing your share of the steady and lucrative destination weddings and honeymoons business?
- Real World Results with Digital Audience Targeting – What does Google Analytics say about your company? Is data helping you define, reach and convert new customers? Is your search engine marketing and optimization on target? Learn how to launch a campaign on Google, Facebook or other channels and what is big data and how it can be applied to online marketing to reach the right consumer at the right time with the right message. What kind of reach can you expect from a marketing/media plan with $20k, $50k or $100k?
- Content, Marketing & Metrics – It’s not enough having the right content; you have to distribute it using the right channel and measure it with the right Key Performance Indicators (KPI). Land on what kind of content, marketing and metrics work best for your brand. Join Google Travel’s Ting Ting Yan for a hands-on, interactive workshop and learn to use various Google products.
Caribbean Travel Marketplace is the region’s largest tourism marketing event, affording suppliers the opportunity to meet face-to-face with wholesalers from around the world selling Caribbean vacation travel over the course of two days of business meetings.