Monday, July 16, 2007
Monday, July 16, 2007
PICTET BANK’S NASSAU ARM RANKED NUMBER ONE IN THE REGION
Award-winning banking services and top financial products keep investors flocking to Bahamas
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
(Nassau, July 9, 2007) – Home to the number one private bank in the Caribbean region, a thriving hub for international trans-shipment, host to an array of promising new industrial and tourism projects, and purveyor of sophisticated financial services products, The Bahamas remains tops for investors seeking the perfect combination of business and lifestyle. Building on its reputation as the top international financial centre in the Americas, as acclaimed by The Banker magazine in 2006, The Bahamas continues to grow its economy and attract new investment and development, and you can read about all of this in the latest issue of The Bahamas Investor (www.thebahamasinvestor.com).
Published by Nassau-based Etienne Dupuch Jr Publications Ltd, The Bahamas Investor is a biannual magazine designed to serve the growing interest and information needs of foreign investors and wealth management practitioners worldwide. Since its debut in January 2006,
The Bahamas Investor has established itself as the preeminent news and information resource on living, investing and transacting business in The Bahamas. In each issue, you’ll find intriguing stories about international business figures who are living their entrepreneurial dreams in The Bahamas, key issues and trends facing today’s investment world and developments that are shaping the future of the islands.
Here are just a few of the features you can enjoy in the July – December 2007 issue:
• Former Swiss army officer Yves Lourdin arrived in The Bahamas nearly 30 years ago with a vision and battle plan to take Pictet Bank & Trust’s Caribbean-region arm to the top of its game. Today, as managing director and president of Pictet’s Nassau operation, Lourdin and his team have brought the 200-year-old Swiss bank to the number one spot in Euromoney magazine’s 2007 financial survey, as the premier provider of private banking services in The Bahamas and the Caribbean. Find out why, for business and pleasure, Lourdin says there’s no place like The Bahamas.
• Something’s brewing in Grand Bahama, and beer lovers couldn’t be happier. That’s because Bahamian James Sands has established the Bahamian Brewery & Beverage Company there and is set to begin production of his first brew. With plans to expand distribution internationally, consumers can expect some frothy profits going forward.
• Asia’s stunning growth has resulted in fierce competition with North America and Europe for world markets that could provide an entirely new thrust to the Bahamian economy, says prominent Bahamian attorney Michael Scott. He reveals what elements are necessary to transform The Bahamas into the premier trans-shipment centre for the Americas, and ultimately the Singapore or Hong Kong of the western hemisphere.
• In its 170-year history, the Judicial Committee of the Privy Council had never ventured outside of London until they chose Nassau for a five-day sitting in December of last year. Learn why The Bahamas’ highest court of appeal chose the Bahamian capital for this unprecedented legal event.
• Today, the ultimate status symbol for the ultra-wealthy is ownership of a private island. With more than 700 islands and cays, a growing number of celebrities and affluent investors are choosing to buy their piece of paradise in The Bahamas.
All of this, plus visit The Bahamas Investor online at www.thebahamasinvestor.com to download the most up-to-date version of our highly acclaimed Investor’s Resource Guide. This valuable tool provides specific information on topics such as setting up trusts, starting a business, offshore investment products and the rules surrounding residency. You will also find an archive of past issues containing previously published stories of interest. Users with an RSS reader on their computer can arrange to have the latest articles from the magazine sent to them automatically by clicking on the orange RSS icon on the website.
Etienne Dupuch Jr Publications Ltd is the leading publisher of business and tourism information in The Bahamas with such publications as the Bahamas Handbook, Welcome Bahamas, What-to-do, Bahamas Trailblazer Maps and the Dining & Entertainment Guide. Online content is available at www.caribbean.com, www.bahamasnet.com and www.bahamashandbook.com.
For more information, promotional copies or to send press releases to the publisher, please contact the Editorial Dept at 242-323-5665 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.