Sunday, January 1, 2006
Sunday, January 1, 2006
Etienne Dupuch Jr Publications Ltd Launches
The Bahamas Investor Magazine
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
(Nassau, January 1, 2006) It’s not just super spy James Bond and Caribbean pirate Jack Sparrow who like to hang out in The Bahamas. The adventurous and ambitious have always recognized the island nation as a land of opportunity. The Bahamas is widely recognized as one of the world’s hottest offshore financial centres and now there’s a new magazine to navigate paradise.
The Bahamas Investor is a semi-annual international supplement to the Bahamas Handbook, and is being introduced to serve the growing interests and information needs of foreign investors and wealth management practitioners worldwide. The magazine focuses on offshore wealth management strategies, opportunities for direct investment, and lifestyle options and advantages available in The Bahamas.
Every issue you’ll encounter intriguing international business figures who are living their entrepreneurial dreams in The Bahamas, meet the executives driving some of the biggest development projects and get to know the individuals who are providing global expertise to the expanding high net worth arena. In this first issue:
* Find out why UK real estate baron Peter de Savary picked Winding Bay to build his new Abaco Club, playground of the blue-chip and A-list crowd
* Get expert advice in the Wealth Management section from people like Wendy Warren, Bahamas Financial Services Board director and trust and estate planning advisor Steve J Sokic, Royal Bank of Canada
* Go behind the scenes with Paul Quigley, who built a Grand Bahama film studio and water tank big enough to capture Disney’s Pirates of the Caribbean franchise
* Read up on the economic change that’s engulfing The Bahamas and the challenges ahead in a Q&A with Minister of State for Finance James Smith
* Discover more about the development boom that’s revitalizing Nassau, including the planned $1.6 billion project by Baha Mar Resorts to transform Cable Beach, attracting investment partners Starwood Hotels & Resorts and Harrah’s Entertainment
* Learn about the new realities for offshore jurisdictions in The Bahamas Investor’s Banking section with Bruce Weatherill, global private banking and wealth management leader for PricewaterhouseCoopers
Other regular departments in The Bahamas Investor include In Brief, with news items and industry announcements; The Closing Bell, the last word from prominent guest columnists such as this issue’s Minister of Financial Services and Investments, Allyson Maynard Gibson; Business, providing a close-up on a specific industry, such as the shipping success story of the Bahamas Flag; and Island Spotlight, highlighting the most interesting projects on individual islands. The Bahamas Investor’s Lifestyle department brings you the best of the good life, following people engaging in some of the world’s best recreational pursuits and most glamourous businesses. No wonder The Bahamas is such an active and popular second home destination.
This inaugural issue also includes the Investor’s Resource Guide, a resource for private wealth management practitioners around the world covering tax planning issues, offshore wealth management structures in The Bahamas such as IBCs, foundations and purpose trusts, setting up investment funds, and Bahamian business incentives.
Etienne Dupuch Jr Publications Ltd is the leading publisher of business and tourism information in The Bahamas. For more than four decades, the company has created a wide range of high-quality, respected publications and online content, delivered to their targeted audiences. Books, magazines, maps and travel guides produced by Dupuch reach the majority of vacation and business travellers visiting the country. Etienne Dupuch Jr Publications Ltd publishes the Bahamas Handbook, Welcome Bahamas, What-to-do, Bahamas Trailblazer Maps and the Dining & Entertainment Guide. Bahamas Multi-Media Ltd, a division of Dupuch Publications, includes www.caribbean.com and www.bahamasnet.com.
Beginning with the first issue in January 2006, The Bahamas Investor will reveal more about The Bahamas’ unique offshore environment, locating to the sunny island nation, and other local knowledge to steer your future. To view the online version and to order your free subscription of the magazine, go to www.thebahamasinvestor.com.
– 30 –
For more information, promotional copies or to arrange an interview with the publishers, please contact the Editorial Dept at 242-323-5665 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.